Betting Lines for Your Spotify Top Artist
Spotify rolled out their ‘Spotify Wrapped’ playlist for their users this past week and as an Apple Music user, I couldn’t be more jealous about the cool way of rolling out an annual recap. I loved looking through everyone’s list and judging each of their favorites, so I thought to write a blog about some of my thoughts.
Instead of the normal, overly judgmental, Nick blog just ripping something constantly I thought to combine another world of mine when writing this, sports betting. I will explain how each of these betting lines work so you can better understand your boy’s/girls’ sports gambling tirades.
EXPLAINING SPORTS BETS:
- When you see a minus (-) sign in front of a price, it shows you that it’s favored to win. That number also indicates how much money you need to bet in order to win $100.
- When you see a minus (+) sign in front of a price, it shows you that it’s the underdog. That number also indicates how much money you would win when placing a $100 bet.
- Moneyline (ML): You are just picking/betting on the one you believe will be the winner. Straight up bets.
- Over/Under (O/U) [ Points/Runs/Goals Scored]: A number is set and you have to pick if it’s going to be over or under that number when the combined score/sum of both teams is taken. Seeing as though there’s not a game, I will be explaining the number that is being set before in brackets . If you see a (.5) that is the dividing line to ensure it doesn’t hit exactly on a whole number; thus, removing the nullified tie/push bet.
Moneyline (ML): Dodgers (-220) | Rays (+180) *Dodgers favored
Over/Under: 7.5 Runs (-110)
FINAL SCORE: Dodgers 4-Rays 3
So, the winners of this bet would be those that bet on the Dodgers (they won on a straight up ML bet) and those that bet on the under (total of 7 runs were scored [7 < 7.5 runs].
Keep in mind that each of these lines were made to represent the stereotypical fan for these artists. The Over/Under lines also work such that they are taking the totality of 2020 (unless otherwise specified).
Here Are 10 Betting Lines for Your Top Spotify Artist:
1. Frank Ocean:
Moneyline: Mentally Stable (+300) | Needs Therapy (-400)
Over/Under [TOLD PEOPLE THEY NEED TO SEE HIM LIVE]: 56.5 times (-110)
2. Kanye West:
Moneyline: In Healthy Relationships (+220) | In Toxic Relationships (-280)
Over/Under [IGNORED RED FLAGS]: 14.5 times (-110)
Moneyline: Prefers Authentic Mexican food (+260) | Prefers Taco Bell (-350)
Over/Under [AGE]: 17.5 years old (-110) [*Disclaimer* He personally asked me to set this line to figure out who he needs to groom]
4. Tame Impala:
Moneyline: Believes They Have Common/Average Taste (+320) | Believes They Have A MUCH Different Music Taste (-450)
Over/Under [TOLD PEOPLE ‘Tame Impala’ IS ACTUALLY JUST ONE GUY]: 63.5 times (-110)
5. Post Malone:
Moneyline: The Field [Anything Except ‘Vanilla’] (+160) | Vanilla [Favorite Ice Cream Flavor] (-200)
Over/Under [BLACKOUT DRUNK (2019 SEASON)]: 12.5 times (-110)
Moneyline: Has Had Sex (+850) | Virgin (-1000)
Over/Under [WATCHED ANIME PORN]: 364.5 times (-110)
7. The Weeknd:
Moneyline: Always Sleeps Normally (+250) | Cries Self To Sleep Sometimes (-180)
Over/Under [TOLD PEOPLE HOW BS THE GRAMMYS ARE]: 13.5 times (-110)
8. Travis Scott:
Moneyline: Doesn’t Own Bad Merch (+220) | Owns Ugly McDonalds Collab Merch (-240)
Over/Under [TOLD PEOPLE ‘Bird in the Trap’ IS UNDERRATED]: 17.5 times (-110)
9. (Any EDM DJ):
Moneyline: Wants To Just Watch Virtual Sets (+440) | Has Considered Rolling Casually At Their House For Virtual Sets [*Drug Addict] (-460)
Over/Under [TOLD PEOLE HOW MUCH THEY MISS LIVE SHOWS]: 88.5 times (-110)
10. (Any pre-2000s rock band):
Moneyline: The Field [Any Other Ethnicity] (+10000) | White (-10000)
Over/Under [WISHED THEY COULD GO BACK AND LIVE DURING PRE-2000s]: 42.5 times (-110)
*BONUS LINE* Russ/Logic/SAINt JHN:
Moneyline: Respected (+1000) | Mocked/Laughed At For Poor Taste (-1200)
Over/Under [TOLD PEOPLE THEY JUST FOLLOW SOCIAL MEDIA MEMES AND CANT THINK FOR THEMSELVES]: 365.5 times (-110)
If you enjoyed this blog and have any recommendations please reach out with some artists you’d want me to set lines for in a Part 2.
If you have any grievances with any of these please see @aryjawn on Twitter and complain to him.
Songs played while writing:
The Strokes — Is This It [Album]